Breathing Exercise to Improve Pulmonary Function

Medical conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) can all cause your lungs’ airways to become inflamed and make it difficult for you to breathe. Damage to your lungs can be temporary, in cases of bronchitis or pneumonia, or permanent in more serious conditions, such as COPD. If you have difficulty breathing, you may be …

Breathing & Lung Problems

Lung and breathing problems can occur due to such respiratory illnesses and conditions as asthma, pneumonia, collapsed lung and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Inflamed and swollen lungs and airways make breathing difficult and cause chest pains, coughing and other symptoms. Seeking treatment for breathing and lung problems as soon as symptoms arise can help you avoid complications or worsening of …

How to Get Started With Exercise for COPD

The Benefits of Exercise for COPD Patients Page 1 – COPD Athlete Russell Winwood shares how exercise has helped him Page 2 – Tips for getting started with exercise as a COPD patient Page 3 – COPD-friendly exercises to try My Story If dedicating 10 percent of your waking hours to exercise meant the other 90 percent would be significantly better, …

Final Stages of COPD

The Basics Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is made up of two primary components, emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Emphysema is a disease that causes the hardening of the air sacs in the lungs. They not only lose their ability to expand and take in oxygen, but also to transfer what oxygen they do receive into the bloodstream. This is a common …